This page is a resource for an SCC and any other individuals interested in assisting their labs/spaces to enhance health and safety.
EH&S will continue updating this resource, providing tools, links, and training for SSCs
Tools, Information, and Resources:
- SSC Level I Training Reference Guide
- Safety Related Items Needing Review or Approval
- Lab Safety Inspections
Compressed Gas Click for more information
Controlled Substances Click for more information
Assigned by PIs, Secondary Safety Contacts (SCC) can assist the labs/other spaces to improve health and safety conditions for their group.
SSC individuals are encouraged to participate in voluntary lab safety/SSC training. This training, at minimum, will provide you with the following benefits:
- Acquiring practical tools, resources, information, and training that can be utilized in supporting health and safety requirements of your group.
- Understanding and enhancing your laboratory compliance requirements
- Connecting with the Secondary Safety Contact coordinator at EH&S for further assistance.
- Receiving updates on new hazards, regulatory requirements, and safety information
- Receiving information on lab incidents and lessons learned
Please direct your questions and comments to firstname.lastname@example.org