Assigned by PIs, Secondary Safety Contacts (SCC) can assist the labs/other spaces to improve health and safety conditions for their group.
This page is a resource for the SCC listed on the safety plan (and any other individuals interested in assisting their labs/spaces to enhance health and safety).
EH&S will continue updating this resource, providing the main tools, links, and training that SSC can utilize to support their lab or group’s safety and compliance.
SSC individuals are encouraged to participate in voluntary lab safety/SSC training. This training, at minimum, will provide you with the following benefits:
- Acquiring practical tools, resources, information, and training that can be utilized in supporting health and safety requirements of your group.
- Understanding and enhancing your laboratory compliance requirements
- Connecting with the Secondary Safety Contact coordinator at EH&S for further assistance.
- Receiving updates on new hazards, regulatory requirements, and safety information
- Receiving information on lab incidents and lessons learned
Please direct your questions and comments to firstname.lastname@example.org
Tools, Information, and Resources:
- SSC Level I Training Reference Guide
- Hazard Review
- Safety plan
- Safety Related Items Needing Review or Approval
- Lab Safety Inspections