Ergonomics is a scientific discipline, which is concerned with improving the productivity, health, safety and comfort of people, as well as promoting effective interaction among people, technology and the environment in which both must operate.
EHS’s purpose as it relates to ergonomics is to help all NC State employees create and maintain a healthy and safe working environment.
- Provide information and education on ergonomics to prevent injury.
- Provides assistance with ergonomic issues such as workstation setup, product choices, and work methods.
- Assist employees in preventing discomfort at work.
- Perform onsite and online evaluation of employee’s workstations.
- Recommend ways to minimize or control ergonomic stressors.
- Provide training and information about ergonomics.
- Provide product information as it relates to ergonomics.
- Ergonomic Evaluation Requests
- Office Ergo Workstation Guidelines
- Ergonomics When Working Remotely
- Training Information
Please submit all ergonomic request inquiries or questions to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 919-515-8744