In a new approach aimed to assist labs/other spaces to improve health and safety conditions at NC State University, EH&S is offering information and training for secondary safety contacts.
Secondary safety contacts listed on the safety plan and any other individuals interested in assisting their labs/spaces to enhance health and safety are encouraged to participate in voluntary lab safety training. This training, at minimum, will provide you with the following benefits:
- Access to practical tools, resources, information, and training that can be utilized in supporting health and safety requirements of your group.
- Understanding and enhancing your laboratory compliance requirements
- Access to the Secondary Safety Contact coordinator at EH&S for further assistance.
- Receiving updates on new hazards and safety information
- Lab incidents and lessons learned
For those of you who are attending the upcoming new hazardous waste training sessions (https://ehs.ncsu.edu/2018/01/11/updated-waste-regulations/) we have arranged time at those locations to provide, at your discretion and after a short intermission, a 45 minute “Secondary Safety Contact” training for those who are interested. No additional registration is necessary.
Please feel free to contact firstname.lastname@example.org with any suggestions or questions.